Sat, Mar 09|
Nature Immersion Workshop
See how your technique meets nature and experience how we were born to move in the real world. This intermediate workshop is for people who are comfortable with basic movement patterns and are excited to learn how to expand their practice outdoors.
Time & Location
Mar 09, 2024, 10:00 AM – Mar 10, 2024, 4:00 PM
MovNat Houston, 5020 Montrose Blvd #100, Houston, TX 77006, USA
About the event
This Nature Immersion course is designed to expand the boundaries of your existing knowledge and skills of MovNat in terms of physical conditioning, refining techniques and broadening your mindset. This workshop is focused on diving deeper into the practice of Natural Movement, with an emphasis on the intersection of movement and the natural world. It offers an opportunity to expand your horizons and take your MovNat practice to the next level.
This workshop is designed for:
- Individuals with some level of fitness and movement training.
- Anyone seeking to learn how to take MovNat skills and techniques outdoors into the natural world.
- Those wanting to learn to combine movement skills to meet the varying challenges nature provides.
What to expect:
- 2 days of dynamic movement, challenges, exploration, and games
- Guidance, teaching, and coaching from Scott Southworth - MovNat Team Instructor, Expert Trainer, and Level 3 Trainer
- Applying MovNat in various environments: urban, indoors or in nature
- Development of observation and terrain recognition skills
- Meeting others in the greater MovNat community
- Preparation for the Level 2 and Level 3 MovNat Certifications
- Advanced techniques, skills, and movements to build into your Natural Movement practice
*Important Note on the event location: Weather permitting, we will be moving this event to Memorial Park in Houston, TX.
Saturday: 9:00am – 4:00pm Sunday: 9:00am – 4:00pm
What To Bring
- Training gear for indoors and outdoors (e.g. shorts, T-shirt, minimal shoes, etc.)
- Snacks, fluids, and lunch